The Shobe Family

The Shobe Family

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Master Bedroom Redo

Our master bedroom is finally coming together after being in this house 5 years; really after being married 12 years.  Here is what it looked like not too long ago.  Pretty boring, right.
First, we made a head board.  The lighting make it kinda blend in with the walls, but in person, it looks great.  When my mom was here for Molly's birthday, she helped me redo the two dressers.  It was so easy!  We used Zinsser primer, then painted them a very light dusty blue, distressed them, and finished with polyurethane. And we replaced the hardware.   I love how they turned out. 
Then I found these two end tables on Craigslist for $30 each and I redid them myself.  Now after 12 years, I finally have a bedside table. 

 Here is our bedroom now. 



I love walking into our room now.  I'd still like something for over the bed, but in time, we'll add that.

2 comments:

Diana said...

Oh Jess, it looks GREAT!! The dressers look white but they are a pretty dusty blue. Your bedside tables look good too. What a difference it made to the room. I dont blame you for really enjoying your room now!! Good work!

Love
Mom

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!